jeudi 9 mars 2017

Test DateTime setting/format over a range of servers

I don't have control over our servers running SQL Server and I'm told to expect the date settings to be set to my local time zone, which happens to be UK.

Some of them are set to USA date format, which convert dates as month day year, instead of day month year.

Does anyone have a good way to test all the date settings of all my servers?

I was thinking of having a procedure called, 'OneSlashThreeSlashTwentySeventeenMonth', which exists on each server. This procedure will say which Month it thinks, '1/3/2017' represents.

It could group them together too into servers that report March and those that report January.

Note: This question assumes that the date settings are set at server level, and not database level. If they can be set at database level then it would make more sense for me to test every database on every server.

Having something I can run means that I can forward it to the people that look after our servers and request the settings be changed en masse.

All help gratefully received.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire