vendredi 4 octobre 2019

Check if one object array contains an element of another object array within Jest

I have seen different implementations of solutions to this problem, however none seem to work for me.

Say I have an array of objects (length of 6) containing unique data with structure:

{
  first_name,
  last_name,
  age,
  dob,
  address_1,
  postal_code
}

How would I compare if this array contains partial elements of another object array whose objects have slightly shorter structure:

{
  first_name,
  last_name,
  age
}

I understand that if I were comparing singular items I could use something like:

expect(response[i]).toMatchObject(expected[i]);

however I am unsure on how I would compare full arrays...

I have seen something like this:

expect(state).toEqual(          
  expect.arrayContaining([      
    expect.objectContaining({   
      type: 'END'               
    })
  ])
)

But I cannot get it to work.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire