jeudi 27 juillet 2017

Testing Urbanairship push notifications on android emulator

I would like to test push notifications sent by Urbanairship on android emulators but I could not find any image/configuration where it would actually working. I installed 1st flight demo app provided by UA and connected with my UA account on all emulators I tried so far.

  1. I tried to use created virtual device by Android Studio, for emulators with google play I was able to install 1st flight app but sent notifications via web weren't displayed.
  2. For created emulators with google API I wasn't able to even install 1st flight app which was marked on google play web as already installed but I could not find on emulator.
  3. For used Android 6 r3 image on Virtualbox I was able to install app but it was working as described in 1st point - notification is marked as sent but nothing was displayed on device.
  4. For used Andy default emulator the same as in 1/3 points.
  5. I added manually play store in Android Studio to Android 6 with google API, but I was not able to successfully log in there.

For real devices I was able to display sent notification on Android 6, for Android 7 it was actually working as for emulators.

I don't know what more specific emulators / images can I use, what else could be changed, added or configured to make it working. Any suggestion is welcome.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire