samedi 24 janvier 2015

In concolic testing, what does "concrete execution" mean?

I came across the terms "concrete & symbolic execution" when I was going through the concept of concolic testing. (The article mentioned there, "CUTE: A concolic unit testing engine for C", uses that term in its abstract section.)



"The approach used builds on previous work combining symbolic and concrete execution, and more specifically, using such a combination to generate test inputs to explore all feasible execution paths."



Can anyone please confirm what "concrete execution" means? In spite of my search, I could not find any direct citations / explicit statements.


From what I have understood, "concrete execution" means "the execution of a program with actual input values unlike symbolic execution, which assumes symbolic values to variables, inputs etc.". If I am wrong, please correct me (if possible with a small example).


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire