lundi 13 juillet 2015

What is a good tool to test different scenarios on REST web api services

I have a rest web api that is used for a (mobile) app. The web api returns json. There are plenty of tools that you can use to test a json web api.

I really like the chrome plugin DHC where you can specify an endpoint, do a request (POST/GET), send additional headers and receive the result.

The thing is that I am searching a tool to make scenario's in which I specify a series of requests, where certain fields in the responses are use within next requests. Example:

  1. call the login method, and receive a token on successful login
  2. request userprofile (send the token from step 1 in the request header) and save the firstname in a variable
  3. modify userprofile (change firstname to random name)
  4. reuest userprofile and check if firstname is changed as specified in step 3
  5. modify userprofile and restore the firstname back to the value in step 2

I know that I can use visual studio with c#, create a test project and code those scenario's myself, but I am wondering if there might be some kind of tool that accepts a script to do the above more easy.

Preferably tools for Windows

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire