vendredi 25 décembre 2015

How to set up a testing enviroment with disposable Windows VM images?

So I'm responsible for a lot of web developers who work with Macs. Our company doesn't want to shell out for Parallels/VMWare + Windows 7/8/10 licenses for each machine.

In order for them to be able to test on Internet Explorer, I'd like to set up a Linux or Windows box with a few Windows VM images that they can clone, run and throw away after usage. I want them to connect remotely to the VM. The idea is that they'll always find a standardized and reproducible environment, no matter how much they play around with the settings.

What's a good approach for this? I'm thinking of using QEMU so far, but I'm open to other suggestions. Are there any existing solutions for this, so I don't have to script everything myself? Ideally with a Web or other GUI for the users to clone and connect to a VM?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire