jeudi 26 mai 2016

Protractor test in IE

I'm trying to just run the example test that is included in protractor on internet explorer and not getting very far :(

// An example configuration file.
exports.config = {
  directConnect: true,

  // Capabilities to be passed to the webdriver instance.
  capabilities: {
    'browserName': 'chrome'
  },

  // Framework to use. Jasmine is recommended.
  framework: 'jasmine',

  // Spec patterns are relative to the current working directory when
  // protractor is called.
  specs: ['example_spec.js'],

  // Options to be passed to Jasmine.
  jasmineNodeOpts: {
    defaultTimeoutInterval: 30000
  }
};

I've tried the obvious changing browser name to 'internet explorer' and 'version': 11 and I have commented out directConnect (as it was complaining about this)

The error I get is...

WebDriverError: The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.ie.driver system property; for more information, see http://ift.tt/1RsIKul Q/selenium/wiki/InternetExplorerDriver. The latest version can be downloaded from http://ift.tt/1g72j98

I have downloaded the latest IE driver and put it here...

C:\Users\darrenp\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\protractor\selenium

and still no joy :(

can someone tell me if it is actually possible to run protractor tests in IE or am I just wasting my time?

I know you are going to ask why would I want to?? simple answer, I have to, my client uses IE and only IE and I need to be sure that my app is good in IE instead of chrome like what the rest of the world is using :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire