mardi 29 janvier 2019

Jest/Enzyme ShallowWrapper is empty when creating Snapshot

So I'm writing a test for my Item component and I tried to render the ItemCard component and then use that wrapper to create a snapshot but it returns an empty ShallowWrapper {}

Please see the code for more info:

Item.test.js

import { shallow } from 'enzyme';
import { ItemCard } from '../Item';

const fakeItem = {
  id: 'aksnfj23',
  title: 'Fake Coat',
  price: '40000',
  description: 'This is suuuper fake...',
  image: 'fakecoat.jpg',
  largeImage: 'largefakecoat.jpg',
};

describe('<ItemCard/>', () => {
  it('renders and matches the snapshot', () => {
    const wrapper = shallow(<ItemCard me item={fakeItem} showButtons />);

    // console.log(wrapper.debug());
    expect(wrapper).toMatchSnapshot();
  });
});

The snap it creates:

// Jest Snapshot v1

exports[`<ItemCard/> renders and matches the snapshot 1`] = `ShallowWrapper {}`;

As far as I know the ShallowWrapper should have some content in it instead of being empty..

Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire