vendredi 15 décembre 2017

Why does every version of Selenium WebDriver give a "can not be resolved to a type" error?

I'm trying to configure Selenium WebDriver to work with java bindings in Eclipse Oxygen. I've tried every single version from 2.39 to 3.8 with six different browser drivers including chrome, IE, edge, and firefox. I have followed eight different tutorials down to the t, tried numerous combinations of releases for eclipse, chromedriver, geckodriver, and webdriver, consulted the selenium forums (no one bothers to respond to anyone's questions), and finally the selenium IRC (once again no one bothers to respond to anyone). The errors that I am getting are as follows:

enter image description here

"The package org.openqa.selenium is accessible from more than one module:" I tried specifying every single possible module (one at a time), to pull from and none of the versions even have anything remotely similar to org.openqa.selenium.Webdriver. No matter how I specify the module, I get "org.openqa.selenium.Webdriver can not be resolved to a type."

I checked to make sure that I included all the .jar files, I checked to see if the path I specified for chromedriver is correct, I checked if I misspelled anything, configuration of eclipse, configuration of package, configuration of the class, configuration of even the workspace etc. Still I can't find why these errors keep occurring.

It seems that a large number of people across various versions, in numerous threads on google are having this issue and the only solution anyone is offering is to make sure all the .jar files are included in the build path. I have done so for every single version with no success.

Have any of you had something similar to this? Have any of you managed to resolve the issue, if so how did you do it? Any assistance with this would be very much appreciated.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire