vendredi 4 décembre 2020

Push from test/dev directly to production without the common push to Github/Bitbucket methodology

So I've been using git for many years but I've always had a 3rd party master repository such as bitbucket that I push to. When it comes time to pull or merge my code to/into production I then simply pull or fetch from the master branch. This has worked wonderfully however my recent employer is quite insistent that no code should exist outside of our corporate domain. So I would like to do one of the following.

  • Make production the master branch and push directly to it from test/dev
  • Create a new 3rd local (in domain) repository as master and utilize the common methodology described above to push to it from test and pull from it for production.

The issue IMHO is that the nature of the wording (syntax and keywords) for git seem to confuse google (messes with keywords and impressions in an unfavorable way) and searches in an effort to find this solution seem to get routed to other unrelated git issues or questions.

I'm certain that the solution is quite trivial but it's not obvious to me. Please help.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire