dimanche 24 janvier 2021

Mockito - Is it possible to deep mock a void method call to do nothing?

I wanted to know if it is possible to "deep mock" a void method call without breaking out the call chain, using Mockito.

This is an example for the original call I want to mock:

obj.getSomething().add(3);

where "add"'s return type is void.

I tried:

doNothing().when(obj).getSomething().add(3)

and:

doNothing().when(obj.getSomething()).add(3) //wont work since "when" expects a mock.

I also failed using Mockito.when(...) since it does not work with void methods.

I do not want to break the call up since it will be very cumbersome for fluent API calls that are much longer.

Is there an official solution / workaround for this scenario?

Thanks :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire