jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Running JavaScript tests

I am overwhelmed by the topic of how to test JavaScript applications and feel like I'm in need of a simple explanation.


While I was trying to figure it out for myself I lost track of all the terms and technologies. I came as far as understanding that there are multiple test suites and libraries like Karma and Jasmine and that there are different types of tests, such as unit tests and end-to-end ones.


I would like to begin with unit tests in order to make sure a given component works fine. Yet I am unsure about the pros and cons of the different suites and how to work with them.


To put it simple, I need to know



  • Is there a test suite which is more suitable for unit tests than other ones?


  • What is the most simple way of running such a test?




  • How do the the available suits differ from each other?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire