mercredi 29 juin 2016

How many Jenkins Executors can you have?

I'm running parallel tests with Jenkins.

The way I have it set up is I have a build flow job that executes three other jobs, in parallel. The three other jobs are connected to separate Test XML files.

When I initially started this I had a problem that only two jobs would execute and the third job would only execute after one of the others had finished.

I found this to be due to my Jenkins having the number of executors set to " 2 ", which is now set to " 5 ".

However as a matter of interest, just for future planning.. Does Jenkins have a cap on the amount of executors you can have? Or is there a recommended number that you shouldn't exceed? Or would it be solely down to the environment you are running it on?

If there is a cap/recommend number not to exceed I presume the best way to deal with this would be to user a master/slave scenario and spread the workload across multiple VMs?

For example if I had it set to 6 executors would this mean I would have 6 executors on each VM? Or 6 executors that are shared out between the VMs?

Thank you.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire