jeudi 27 août 2020

Safari won't work after entering Charles Proxy server and port details on iPhone?

I'm trying to use Charles Proxy to do testing for some app builds for iOS. However, as soon as I enter the server and port information, the phone I'm using for testing can no longer connect to any web pages.

Here are the steps I'm using:

  1. Connect to the same WiFi on both the PC and iPhone.
  2. Open Charles
  3. Stop Windows Proxying
  4. Help -> SSL Proxying -> Install Charles Root Certificate on a Mobile Device or Remote Browser
  5. Open iPhone Settings, navigate to WiFi
  6. Navigate to "Configure Proxy", select Manual.
  7. Enter IP as "Server" and the port following the IP as "Port"

After doing this, the WiFi no longer works so I'm unable to access "chls.pro/ssl" to download the Charles certificate. Anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire