vendredi 23 janvier 2015

Testing Access Runtime vs Developer Version

I'm testing an old split access system in a 2013 environment, I was just wondering if there was any point in testing the runtime version (accde file ) AND the developer version (accdb file)?


From what I know:




  1. The accde file should be pretty much the same as the accdb file except that you cannot make any changes to it.




  2. Some things that work in the accdb version cannot work in the accde version (such macros that try to open design view).




My focus is to make sure that everything is working properly for the client and for any potential developers that are going to pick up this project in the future.


So is it safe to assume that if the system works in the runtime environments, they should also be working properly in the developer edition? Or should I absolutely test both versions to make sure?


Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire