jeudi 17 novembre 2016

git-flow with test content

I'm working on a web project with git flow using Visual Studio. Now i got following branches:

  • master
  • develop
  • feature/gallery

Now when I copy the repository to my local space and start it in Visual Studio, I don't always want to have to create some test content to see if everything works fine. But I also don't want to commit any test content to my develop or feature/gallery branch. So I did following:

I created a branch from develop and named it content. There i placed some content to test everything in develop. When I do changes working with the branch content, I switch to develop branch, commit my changes, merge develop on content, then add additional content for the new changes and commit them to content.

The same thing I did for the feature/gallery branch. I branched from content and named it featureContent/gallery. Then I merged feature/gallery on featureContent/gallery and added some content for the new gallery feature.

Now i have following structure:

  • master
  • develop
  • content {content for develop}
  • feature/gallery
  • featureContent/gallery {content for feature/gallery}

Is this really still the right way to work with git flow. Isn't there a better way to store test content anywhere..? I'm searching the best practice.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire