mercredi 16 novembre 2016

How do I test bluebird promise enabled request object using Jasmine and NodeJS

I want to write a Jasmine spec to test the success and error conditions of the following snippet. It should make the request, test of for failure and return a promise to the caller for further chaining.

var Promise = require('bluebird');
var request = Promise.promisifyAll(require("request"));
var requestOptions = {
  method: 'POST',
  url: 'http://some.url.com'
}

function makeRequestReturnPromise() {
  return request(requestOptions)
    .then(function(response){
      if(response.statusCode != 202){
       throw new Error(failureMessage(result));
      }
  });
}

I've tried different approaches to write a spec for this. Google turned up some options and I tried passing a stubbed request object in, tried sinon, sinon-as-promised, mockery and jasmine's spy objects but none of them give me the expected results for me test.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire