vendredi 4 août 2017

How do you test your Hive SQL queries?

I refer to this article about unit test of Hive SQL Queries : http://ift.tt/2ur8aEU

I found it very interesting regarding the fact that Big Data Use Case might always be tested, like with a "classic" Java Code.

Until this time, I was designing big queries from a client (DBViz for example), and when it was OK, I was preparing the query to be include in a OOZIE bundle (variabilization, ...) and most of the time, I forgot a point (a well named variable in the job.properties for example).

Well, what I want now is the ability to test my queries in the context of my OOZIE bundle before sending the code on the server and working by attempt...

So, I come to my question (at last ! :-)) : I'll be glad you give me your feedback about it and the way you do to be a good HiveQL developper ;)

Thanks.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire