vendredi 6 avril 2018

Does soapUI load test execute multiple test steps sequentially?

Forgive me if this is not the right place to ask soapUI load test question.

I have created a simple Foo test suite > Foo test case > test steps (6) in soapUI v5.3.0

Foo TestSuite
     |_
       Foo TestCase
              |_
                Test Steps(6)
                     |_
                       Build
                       AddFoo
                       TearDown 
                       Build2
                       AddFoo2
                       TearDown2

The Build and TearDown are groovy scripts. In Build, it creates a data for AddFoo and AddFoo2 to test with. In TearDown, it deletes the data from an external system.

When I execute this "Foo" TestCase, it sequentially handles each test step just fine. Build a data > test a data > teardown a data for AddFoo and AddFoo2 test steps.

However when I created Load Test for this Foo TestCase and executed, I was getting assertion errors from err column. When I investigated the situation, it was clear what went wrong. For either AddFoo or AddFoo2 test step to pass assertion in multiple times of testing, build and teardown should work sequentially in each test but that was not happening. At the end of load test, I checked the external system and I saw the data should have been removed, it was still there. I talked to another colleague of mine, he thinks it should run sequentially in the load test but that is how I see or interpret. I could be wrong on this assumption I am pretty new to this soapUI framework.

Can someone who is well versed in this framework shed a light on what I am missing in this picture? How to rectify the situation to make load test work without assertion failure?

I set Threads (virtual users) as 5, Strategy as Simple, Test Delay as 1000 and Random as 0.5.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire