jeudi 25 octobre 2018

Using fixures in Unit testing with Nodejs and MongoDB

I'm working on a Nodejs, MongoDB project, and I want to write unit tests for it using Jest, what I need is a structure, or a way or a tool to solve these issues:

** to be able to better explain the question, assume that there are two schemas in my project: User, Book

  1. be able to load a bunch of data before each test, and clear it afterwards(I want a fix and clear database state for each test)

    • it is better if the data is loaded from a JSON file.
  2. I need to be able to specify the data I want to load for each test. for example, I only need fixtures related to User schema when I want to write unit tests for User api, so I don't want to load fixtures related to Book schema.

  3. it would be a bonus point, but not necessary if the database used is in memory database instead of the real MongoDB database.(I want the tests to be fast)

so far I only have found some libraries that solve the first one, but not the second one.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire