I perform the PSY analysis via the PSY package. However, the following error occurs Error in solve.default(t(x2) %*% x2) : system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number = 2.86159e-18
I don't understand what this error means. Also when I plot the closing prices, the dates are not given on the x-axis. Even though I defined the first collum as dates.
Can someone help me solving this error?
I tried to create a new data frame intending that R connects the date and the closing pices. But this is not shown in the plot either. I tried to detect negative sqrt but the sqrt is taken from the observations and can't be negative.
The closing prices are downloaded for Bitcoin from CoinMarketCap.com
mydata<- read.csv("C:path/BTC.csv", header=TRUE,
sep=",",stringsAsFactors = FALSE, as.is = TRUE)
The class of the provided data is checked.
str(mydata)
class(mydata$Date)
Date is exhibited in the German format in the csv file. It is converted to the english format, which is standard in R.
newdate<-as.POSIXct(mydata$Date,format="%d/%m/%Y")
str(newdate)
mydata$Date<- newdate
mydata
Now the data frame is ready and the PSY tests can be performed otherwise for date formate
b<-as.Date(mydata$Date, format = "%d/%m/%Y")
b
mydata$Date<- b
A plot of the time series gives a first intuition, but does not provide x axis dates plot(mydata$Close)
Therefore, I thought to create a new data frame
BTCPR <- mydata$Close
df <- data.frame(mydata$Date, BTCPR)
plot(df)
str(df)
The follwing variables are guidelines, that provided by the PSY model
y <- BTCPR
obs <- length(y)
r0 <- 0.01 + 1.8/sqrt(obs)
swindow0 <- floor(r0*obs)
dim <- obs - swindow0 + 1
IC <- 2
adflag <- 6
yr <- 2
Tb <- 12*yr + swindow0 - 1
nboot <- 99
The BSADF, that represents the backward supremum Augmented Dickey Fuller test. It is calculated in the next step
bsadf <- PSY(y, swindow0, IC, adflag)
Here the error occurs. Error in solve.default(t(x2) %*% x2) : system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number = #2.86159e 18
The number of cores is arbitrarily set to 2
quantilesBsadf <- cvPSYwmboot(y, swindow0, IC, adflag, Tb, nboot, nCores
= 2)
Expected results are the dates of Bubble formation and termination, which is calculated by the bsadf (backward sup Augmented Dickey-Fuller-Test)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire