lundi 2 novembre 2020

Minikube: Custom base image/ISO for standardozed test env

We are using Kubernetes in production and I want to simplify our dev and testing process we have with Minikube.

What we have

  • Production environment (GKE) with a few infrastructure releases (Mainly a Telegraf deamonset) and important security configs (namespace isolation)
  • Local minikube for testing that we start manually ==> A new and fresh/empty cluster each time

What we want

  • A Minikube base test environment with infra deployments (such as telegraf) already deployed and security configs applied
  • On minikube start, this base image would be deployed, which would provide us with our production like config of an otherwise empty cluster

What I considered

  • I know that I can simply start/stop the cluster and that would preserve the cluster's state. But this would make the config dependent on the last test run. What we want is a consistently configured, fresh cluster with no deployments other than the infra stuff
  • I considered starting an empty minikube and run a script that would apply all the necessary configs. But that would probably take a while. I was hoping that I can preserve the state in an image or iso and start that one every time.

I googled quite a bit and could not find a solution. Thank you for your help!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire