vendredi 4 décembre 2020

Making React tests respect DOM changes

I'm using React Testing Library with react-select-event and with Jest. In my project, I have a <label> that can have different text accordingly to select option is selected. I want to test that. I'm trying to invoke select change and then do the test on changed DOM.

import React from 'react'
import selectEvent from 'react-select-event'
import {render} from '@testing-library/react';

it('Should contain other text after certain select option is selected', async () => {
  const {findByLabelText, getByText} = render(<Providers />);

  const provider = await findByLabelText('Provider');
  await selectEvent.select(provider, 'My provider');

  const myLabel = getByText('Conditionaly new text');
});

In the end, the new label cannot be found. Is it possible to do tests on DOM changed by the tests itself?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire