lundi 29 juin 2015

Jenkins multiconfiguration project handle concurrent device usage

Case

I have a Jenkins project witch run's calabash tests on mobile devices (android, ios). I use a mapping table and a self written bash script to call a device by name and execute a test on this specific device. The mapping table map's the name to the device id, or IP for iOS.

To hand over the device to the bash script I use the Jenkins Matrix Project Plugin, which lets me create a text list of devices to use ... like:

HTCOne Nexus G4

To separate on which machines (the mac for iOS or Linux for Android) the tests, I also use the Throttle Concurrent Builds Plug-in. This way I separate between the Android or Mac machine the devices are hooked to.

Now I want to build tests on multiple devices in parallel and cross vice versa.

Question

I therefore search for a Jenkins plugin which could handle the devices as a resource and only allocate it to a test if it is free. Do you know a way I can do this?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire