jeudi 25 juin 2015

Techniques for populating large databases when testing

We are running 3 Oracle databases with 100+ tables in each. In order to test our code we are looking into alternatives for populating them with testdata. The tools we have found this far are DBSetup and DBUnit.

The problem we are having with these tools are all the manual work needed to specify data. For example if I am to test a table D I am required to populate tables A, B, C with data also. I dont care what the data is, i only care about the data in table D. The reason I have to also populate A B C is because the concistency checks on the derived keys in table D.

My questions is how is this type of problem uasually handled? Is this a sign of a badly designed database from a testability point of view?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire