vendredi 26 juin 2015

Web Development QA Department from Scratch

I posted a similar question in the QA Stack exchange, but basically im going to be starting a QA Department for a Web Development/Mobile company soon. And I wanted to get some thoughts from other Web Devs/Developers in general on what you have experienced working/not working.

I have around 6 years QA experience total, mostly just doing testing/unit testing/test plans/etc... but I kinda took responsibility for my last group.

That being said I've been doing research and different ways QA groups are ran, and wanted to get some ideas of what worked/what didn't.

Right now my plan is to centralize Bug tracking/requirements to hopefully one suite of software, and integrate test plans into that (Still looking into resources/tools, ideas are welcome), but beyond that...I guess whats the best way to make something that's flexible enough to be able to handle web development (since sites/mobile apps differ so much).

I was thinking making test plan templates based on user stories, but Im not sure the company does that right now.

I'd really like a book recommendation on either QA Testing/Process or just the different software processes (like I know Scrum/Agile from a distance (being involved in them) , but I guess understanding the whole process is another thing).

Basically I have a lot of ideas in my head right now, but am trying to gauge what you have experienced working/doesn't work in your company today. And tools/software recommendations (for either tracking bugs/test cases/etc.. are wanted but not the focus of this question.)

Thanks!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire