mercredi 28 septembre 2016

Are Windows 10 containers suitable for application/acceptance testing?

I'm trying to figure out how to do some software testing on a Windows 10 machine and I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible with Docker or some other technology. If anyone has any advice on if it is possible or not, and what technology I'll need to do it that would be great, more than happy to go of and investigate if I know I'm going in the right direction.

Essentially I want to build a container which uses my main Windows 10 installation as a basis but then has isolated containers which would:

  • Look and behave as if they are part of the same Windows 10 install
  • Be isolated from other containers also running in terms of applications and folder structure. I'd like to be able to start up an application in the container, give it access to folders on the main install as well as within the container and then have it pass out results back to the main Windows install.
  • Have the ability to reset back to its original image state so when I launch the container at some point in the future, any applications or files that were installed into the container, are not there. I want to go back to the original state defined in the image (probably just a folder structure as any default applications would be installed on the base Windows install).

Does that make sense? I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on whether this is possible or not. I've been trying to do it for a few days without luck, using Docker, Docker-Machine, Hyper-V together with blogs/tutorials found online.

Thanks,

PH

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire