mardi 27 septembre 2016

Golang test gives inconsistent results when ran in verbose mode

I have a single test function in my _test.go file with a bunch of sub tests. It looks like this:

func MyTest(t *testing.T) { 
    t.Run("Subtest1", func(t *testing.T) {
       ...
    })
    t.Run("Subtest2", func(t *testing.T) {
       ...
    })
}

I run the test with go test and get

PASS
ok      package_path    9.137s

However, I would like to see listed all my subtests in the result. Looking at the Run function in $GOROOT/src/testing/testing.go it looks like I need the test to be chatty.

So I tried to run the test via go test -v but I still do not get the desired output. Instead my test is now failing:

=== RUN   MyTest
api.test: error: expected argument for flag '-t', try --help
exit status 1
FAIL    package_path    0.004s

--help does not show anything about -t

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire