mercredi 29 août 2018

Resetting app in XCUITest setup with Cucumberish

I'm trying to get started on XCUITests for an iOS app my company currently develops. Also, I'm using Cucumberish to organize tests and use our already existing feature files.

Our app requires the user to login first thing before using any features, so I want to reset the app state between each test scenario to perform login again (Xcode reinstalls the app, but user data remains and the app becomes forever logged in after the first test). I've been trying a lot of different methods to accomplish this, but no luck so far.

Automating the Springboard to reinstall the app doesn't work (data isn't removed), I'm not able to call classes defined in the app using "@testable import" (so I could clear data programatically), there doesn't seem to be a way to call a shell command between tests to hard reset the simulator.

Do I have a choice? Or do I have to manually run through the UI to logout after each test case? (which for me sounds very unreliable - specially if tests fail)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire