mercredi 4 avril 2018

Testing and Improving my Code Skills using Codility etc

I have been teaching myself code (Ruby and JS) and working on my own projects. All good, but to connect with other developers and work on projects, find a team, project or job, it's really hard to tell when you are 'good enough' I found some great resources on github for contributing to other projects and am spending Fridays finding projects to contribute to. A developer friend recommended Codility and I have been trying the practice tests. Some are a challenge, but it's a great learning tool. Some of the answers are on github which is a life saver, since it's easy to get stuck. This question is a good guide How to improve coding skills?

I am also wondering if there are other sites such as codility that are good for self testing, to point out what gaps are in learning

Upwork was recommended but after setting up a profile, I got a reply "We’ve reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise."

Any advice on how to find ways to go from learner to finding projects to get started as a freelancer with remote work would be awesome :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire