dimanche 3 novembre 2019

What if anything has superseded JsTestDriver as an Eclipse plugin?

I'm following a great book on JS TDD, called Test-Driven JavaScript Development.

It dates from 2009 but I still want to follow along with it. It has just introduced JSTestDriver, and the actual Java jar file still works fine at the CLI.

Unfortunately it appears that an Eclipse plugin no longer exists. "New software" link http://js-test-driver.googlecode.com/svn/update/ is dead.

The author of the book, Christian Johansen, goes into a few explanations about why he's not keen on headless browsers, but stresses that using real-world browsers with JSTestDriver is nonetheless fast.

No doubt I can just carry on running these tasks from outside Eclipse but my assumption is that people who were using JSTestDriver 8 years ago are now using some other framework in Eclipse which has all the strengths of JSTD, and more.

I stress the fact of using Eclipse (currently "2019-06"). I am absolutely dead set against using any other IDE.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire