vendredi 28 février 2020

What is the best way to collect thermal data on my Android device?

I am trying to collect thermal data on my Android tablet (running Android 9) while running various apps/benchmarks etc. Specifically, I want to be able to both measure and log core CPU temperatures and frequencies while other apps are running on my tablet. I want to collect CPU temps and freq because I want to know the extent of thermal throttling on my device. There are lots of great apps out there but I can't find one that will log information while running a different app (such as the Geekbench Benchmark). Here is what I've tried so far:

  1. I have already tried collecting information from the thermal zones in /sys/class/thermal but am unable to make sense of the names the vendor has given (the vendor in my case is MTK).

  2. I have tried using CpuFloat. This app provides a nice overlay on the device display and includes all CPU frequencies (updating in real time) as well as the core temp of the processor. The only problem is CpuFloat doesn't log data over time and I have resorted to taking screenshots periodically to track temperatures. This is really tedious though since I have to sit and record temperatures throughout benchmark testing.

I have considered developing an app that tracks this information, but would like to track it through adb or an existing app if possible. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire