mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Maven build - run an application then perform JUnit tests

As part of my build process, I would like maven to start a program and then execute JUNIT tests in the same phase, which is the mvn test phase.

I am using Spring Boot as well as the Spring Boot Maven plugin. As you know Spring boot has an embedded tomcat container. So I can just run my application on this tomcat server by just running as an application in eclipse.

For example when I run mvn test, I would like my application to run FIRST and then have the tests executed.

I have seen the exec-maven plugin being used and that you specify the phase in the maven build cycle that you want the application to run. The earliest phase that it allows you to specify is the test phase.

But I'm not sure if the Application will run immediately before the tests?

How do I specify in my POM file that I want the application to run BEFORE the test phase?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire