lundi 25 avril 2016

Structuring my test folders/approach

I have started to create a test automation for my team(Selenium and now working with protractor). I am a manual tester that is currently upgrading my skillset.

The project that I am working on is a webapp that has 2 accounts/portals. One for client and the other is admin. I've written my test in this structure

test folder
---Client Tests
-----ValidLogin_test
-----InvalidLogin_test
-----ForgotPassword_test
-----other test...
---Admin Tests
-----ValidLogin_test
-----InvalidLogin_test
-----ForgotPassword_test
-----other test...

Now my problem is that we are now creating an angularJS app, and I need to support it. Now, I am not sure how to design it. Should I separate the platforms first then the account types? or account types first then the platform?

If there is anything that you can recommend me to study or look up to, I would appreciate your time as I am really interested on learning this for the sake of scalability.

*I decided not to include page objects in this one and the utils to make it more concise. but they are in folders within(same level) the client and admin tests folder.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire