dimanche 25 juin 2017

jest mocking on relative path

I'm trying to get jest mocking to work on a relative path. The same code but with mocking fs worked great, so I'm not sure why trying to mock my own modules doesn't work

// myFile.js
const cacheHandler = require('./cacheHandler.js')

const myFunc = () => {
  cacheHandler.cacheFile(file_name)
}

// myFile.spec.js

const myFile = require('./myFile.js')
const cacheHandler = require('./cacheHandler.js')

jest.mock('./cacheHandler')

describe("my failing test :( ", () =>{
  it("should be able to spy on the function", () => {
    cacheHandler.cacheFile = jest.fn()

    myFile.myFunc()

    expect(cacheHandler.cacheFile).toBeCalledTimes(1)   
  }
}

jest claims that the cacheFile() was never called, eventhough when I debug this I can see that it reached this function...

What am I missing?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire