samedi 31 octobre 2020

Is there any difference between "synthetic" and "fake" data?

Last few days I did a Google search to find "what is fake data and why we use it?" but when I tried to find meaning, encountered the term "synthetic data" and I got stuck. When I search "fake data" Google shows me information about Faker, Bogus etc. which is library that created for provide fake data. On the other hand, when I search "synthetic data" Google shows me information about AI, ML, Data Science etc. and also difference between production and synthetic data in software testing. (Link is here: https://www.softwaretestingnews.co.uk/when-to-use-production-vs-synthetic-data-for-software-testing/)

This is my question; I wanna create an open source fake data library such as Bogus because this will be my Graduation Project. To do that I have to create a literature review. Which term should I research, synthetic data or fake data? I am not sure what the difference between them is, or each one exactly same thing?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire