jeudi 29 octobre 2020

Test with same action but different contexts

I'm working in a company as a QA intern, we do end to end testing with browser automation.

We have lots of tests scenarios that looks like that : (we use cucumber)

Given I am logged in
When I go to my address book
Then I can see my contacts

but recently we had few bugs depending on what kind of account we are logged in so in order to tests this edges case I'm thinking of doing something like that:

Given I am logged in as with in as a project manager
When I go to my address book
Then I can see my contacts

And do that for every kind of account (project manager, commercial, etc ...)

But I'm asking about the interest of doing that .. For every user the outcome should be the same, they should all see their contacts. (even if due to a bug it was not the case) if I start doing that way, I would be legit to have test like

Given I am logged in with a german account 

and same with french, english etc...

but it would lead to an explosion of the number of tests

So do you guys test those edge case ?
If yes, how to do it efficiently ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire