mercredi 29 mai 2019

travis CI build replication on Windows machine

A recent Travis build of the open source geopandas project makes use of a YAML file to set up the remote environment on the build machine. It seems that the build is done on a non-Windows machine (unsure if it is Linux or Ubuntu), but it seems to set up the environment with no issues.

I tried to set up an identical environment with the purposes of running the test suite locally. I executed the following command in my anaconda prompt:

conda env create --file D:\github_projects\geopandas\ci\travis\35-minimal.yaml --name geopandas-dev-python3

Unfortunately this raises an error:

Collecting package metadata: done
Solving environment: failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
  - fiona=1.7
  - numpy=1.12
  - python=3.5
  - shapely=1.5
Use "conda search <package> --info" to see the dependencies for each package.

This is a bit confusing to me since I was under the impression that python dependencies as implemented by Anaconda are platform-independent. Is this assumption wrong? If not then why am I getting this error on my local Windows machine, while the remote non-Windows machine seems to be setting up the environment with no issues?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire