mercredi 29 mai 2019

Why are there different proportions for different test types?

We have decided in the company to redesign our type of tests, that we have a pyramid shape of 4 types of tests. I have seen that this structure is common and occurs frequently. The structure is as the following (the numbers are estimated so you can imagine the pyramid):

  • GUI tests (5%)
  • API test (10%)
  • Integration test (25%)
  • Unit test (60%)

My question is not directly what kind of tests these are (if someone would like to explain them in 1-2 sentences I would of course be happy), but rather why we try to keep and design them in a pyramid shape? How is this connected and how can this be explained?

Is it due to the speed, the accuracy of the tests and the associated scope? Why do we need different proportions of tests?

I can't explain why we don't have unit tests on the top level. I would be very happy about an answer.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire