mardi 29 septembre 2020

How to configure the network interface on WANem 3.0

I am attempting to run WANem 3.0 on a virtual box (6.0) VM on centos 7.2. The documentation at http://wanem.sourceforge.net/documentation.html states that during bootup I should be prompted for whether or not to use dhcp. That I should respond no, and I will be given the opportunity to specify a static IP address. However I never see that prompt. I boot directly to the GUI with the WANem home page in the browser. I have tried with both a NAT and bridged adapter configured for the virtual machine. With NAT I get what looks like a virtual box default IP address of 10.0.2.15. If I boot with the bridged adapter, I am getting an IP address from our local DHCP server. I can watch the network initialization from the boot console which is how I obtain the IP addresses but I am never given the opportunity to set them. There is a terminal window available but it only offers a very limited set of commands and network configuration is not among them. I would like to setup isolated virtual networks with static ip address, but without being able to configure the WANem machine I don't know how I could do that. From googling around it is my understanding that the documentation has not been updated since WANem 2.2. Any help in configuring 3.0 would be greatly appreciated.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire