mercredi 10 juin 2020

Displaying XML/HTML output in tabular format in Jenkins

Fairly new to Jenkins. I am testing some hardware using a physical testing appliance and controlling the appliance via REST calls using Python. I have set up Jenkins to run the Python tests using shell commands on a server. The Python tests report various hardware performance metrics (which is output in XML format as a file) and I simply want to report these metrics (integer and floating point values) in Jenkins in a nice report. The actual hardware tests are not considered 'pass/fail' for me, rather being able to report the metrics is what's required.

What I tried so far:

1) HTML Publisher which picks up an HTML file that I generate but all I get on the main project page is a link to the HTML report, not the contents of the file.

2) Summary Display plugin. Instead of displaying the contents of the XML file that I generate, it doesn't really show anything on the project page. The artifacts show up if I set it to archive them but just having a list of artifacts is of no use to me.

I need the results in a tabular format on the main test page that grow with each build so that it's all in one page so that trends can be seen. The amount of data is large (multiple columns, rows) so I need a way that can scale. Am I even using the right plugins for what I need? Any help is appreciated.

HTML Publisher and Summary Display

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire