mercredi 17 juin 2020

How to identify performance bottlenecks in software run on windows server 2019

I'm running some software that tracks worms moving around on a plate for a scientific research project. The software tracks each individual worm, assigns head/tail and does several other functions. This process takes a significant amount of time for each video on my computer and I would like to speed up the analysis. I tried creating a Virtual Machine using Google's compute engine, running Window's server 2019 with a SSD drive, 26 processors and 80gb of ram. However, when I run the software in this environment there is no increase in analysis speed. None of the system's resources are close to capacity (processor, RAM and hardrive are all at <10% utilization). My guess is that the design of the software prevents it from fully utilizing all of these resources, but I haven't been able to get a hold of the software designers to verify this. I wanted to check here to see if there are any other parameters or settings I can modify to accelerate the program's processing speed.

Thank you,

Tyler

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire