mercredi 3 juin 2020

How to skip google sign in when testing

I need to do some functional testing.

But every time I run tests, Chromedriver opens the app page where you have an option to sign in with Google and when you press that button a new popup appears then, you have to choose an email account and then you will be redirected to the app page. Just the usual way Google Sign-In works on any website.

How can I bypass that in testing?

1st option: would be to make my test use chrome in regular mode and not incognito mode so maybe I will be already signed in - by signing in before running tests. Is this possible? I can only find configurations to run chrome in incognito mode.

2nd option: I cannot seem to find any standard way to pass the Google Sign-In. Something already built, since this sign-in method is so popular.

I am new to testing so sorry if this might be a dumb question.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire