mercredi 10 juin 2020

My function works in practice but does not pass tests rspec

Perhaps it is my lack of familiarity with rspec but i do not understand what is going on with my test.

I have 2 classes one called Scrape, the other Result (creative) Scrape is a web scraping class that searches a site and scrapes the results from the page, creating a new Result instance from each.

Result instances are stored in a class variable array accessible via Result.all

this works in practice in the actual program, however when I tried to write a test for this behavior it fails.

    describe "#scrape_results" do
        it "accepts a url scrapes the page and creates a Result for each" do
            s = Scrape.new
            s.scrape_results(@url)
            expect(Result.all.count).not_to eq(0)
        end
    end

every time i run the test Result.all.count is 0 if i use pry and manually run #scrape_results the test passes.

I appreciate your time, patience, and help thanks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire