mardi 25 août 2015

Automated Quality Assurance Method

I just got hired at a company that does customer resource management. One of the jobs they are having me learn is the Quality Assurance (QA) process.

This entails is filling out fields on a hosted web page with junk data, and making sure that it saves properly to our database. If it doesn't, then we mark where there is a mistake, and come back to it later. Currently, this process is done manually: someone goes to a directory location, types in all the information, saves it, and writes the result into a word document.

This seems like a process which could easily be automated, but as a reasonably new programmer I don't know the best way to approach this. I am familiar with Python, as well as most of the popular Web Dev languages. I wanted to know if anyone suggestions on how to approach this task of testing and error reporting. I know that Python has some capabilities to both crawl a website and read URL's, but I am not sure it would be the best language to code this in. I have read some of Selenium's documentation as well, but am curious to know if it is worth learning.

As it is, QA takes a lot of company time, and I know if I could get a script like this to work, then it would really speed our process along. I already have an outline of the functions I would need (Fill data, save page, analyze save, etc), but I just want to know what languages or frameworks would exist for this. Anything would help!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire