vendredi 28 août 2015

Multiple login tests on mobile app with UFT

I am trying to test the Login feature of my Android app with multiple user-password entries that I have in an Excel. I have already been able to import that data from the Excel successfully and run the same test with each row (with "Run on all Rows" option), but now I am facing a problem that I am not being able to solve.

After a test runs with one row, one the test starts over with a new row, it will not restart the app, but start at the same point where the previous one finished. I think this is not the expected behaviour, in general, since most of the GUI testing tools restart the app when testing a feature with parametrization (data from Excel, mostly). Anyway, I "fixed" this by logging out in my app.

In this case there was an "easy solution" by logging out. But what if I was testing a different feature in which I cannot simply "log out". The problem is that in those different cases I would have to navigate back or do something that may fail and has nothing to do with the feature I am testing.

I am not sure if I am not using the right approach. Is there a good general solution for this issue?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire