dimanche 29 novembre 2015

I am looking for modules/approaches to QA or validate resulting configuration files in Python

I have a Python script which generates configuration files base on data + template files (not using any template modules - just template text files and variable substitution). Once those configuration files are applied I generate a final "log" (could be 100s in a "batch") and I need to "QA" them. In its simplest form I need to make sure that all the data from the templates exists in the resulting log file. A more sophisticated script would check for the template and look for specific things (this is generally a list of "issues" that changes periodically) that can be broken down to "does this string or regex exist or not?". The full QA effort would incorporate those two areas as well as specific validations based on the original input data. My original thought was to put the template in a list and look for each line but that seems cumbersome and does not address the last "test". Any pointers would be most appreciated!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire