vendredi 27 novembre 2015

Sharepoint - How to Generate a Scripting Error in Outlook for Test

Hello,

I am trying to test error supression on Sharepoint but I am having some trouble.

This is my process:

On a relatively plain website (all it contains is a colored-in div), I added this script:

<script>
        var x[] = 0;
        var err = 10/x;
       alert(err);
   </script>

When setting my Outlook homepage to this site, I see this error:

enter image description here

I also have the following script, which suppresses this message (when adding this to my code, the error message doesn't appear):

    <script type="text/javascript">
    window.onerror = function(message, url, lineNumber) {  
        // code to execute on an error  
        return true; // prevents browser error messages  
    };
    </script> 

I want to test this script out on my Sharepoint site, but when I embed the above, error-inducing code onto my Sharepoint homepage and open the page in Outlook, I am not seeing any error messages.

I added the code in the following ways:

1 - Page > Edit > Edit Source > Added the code to the top
2 - Page > Edit > Embed Code > Added the code to various areas of the page

Neither of these methods worked, and the first one actually produced a message telling me that I should use the embed function, which also doesn't seem to work!

I need to generate this error from the Sharepoint page so that I can check **whether the error-suppressing script actually does what it's supposed to. Can **anyone think of what may be going wrong here?

Any help is much appreciated!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire