vendredi 3 juillet 2020

Ping test a large number of devices - reset their LAN Switch port if they fail the test

I've an environment with over 3000 CCTV cameras all powered by PoE via the connected LAN Switch port. What I want to do is either find a working solution or write a script to test ping response from the cameras and if any fail the test reset the Switch interface the camera is connected to. We have a Solarwinds (NPM, UDT & NCM) monitoring solution in place which could be used to do this else we can consider other tools (Open Source or otherwise). I've asked the Forum for Solarwinds about this already.

Has anyone done something similar in their own environment? Is there an obvious tool that can do this or some similar script I could use (as a 'wannabe' coder) to get me started. I've Netmiko collecting data from many of the Switches involved already for example.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire